Thursday, April 28, 2011

So close and yet so far...

So yesterday was the bake sale which went awesomely! I am stunned that we were able to raise over $200 in three hours by selling goodies in lower Coffman. It's so exciting to see people who are willing to donate to Open Arms! And seeing the money I am getting from people who are family and friends, it makes me so excited. To think that I still have a door offering at church to do, we are going to beat the amount that the other school (St.Thomas??) raised!!
On another note I got my shots today. It turns out that I apparently am special and don't need malaria meds or anything but I did get Hepatitis A and typhoid shots. I thought that I would need more but I was pleasantly surprised when it was just the two shots and other preventative measures like drinking filtered water. My only concern is that I should have gotten a flu shot. I didn't realize that it will be flu season in South Africa while we are there. Though if things are similar to how they are here at home... i won't catch it!
Only 24 more days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment